Potluck in the Park is an all volunteer organization that has served a free hot meal to anyone in need since 1991. Most importantly, each volunteer strives to treat everyone at the meal with dignity, respect, friendliness and kindness.
Volunteer Signup Form
Potluck in the Park relies entirely on volunteers, each week we have 54 available spots – 50 at the park and 4 in the kitchen. It is very important that you sign-up ahead of time so we can make sure that we have jobs for everyone. If you would like to help, please follow this link and sign up at Hands On Greater Portland.
For more information and to sign up to volunteer for our annual Christmas Dinner, please visit “ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DINNER” page.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator: Mary Hunger | Email
- Wear comfortable, casual clothes in layers—we clean up outside, even in bad weather!
- Provide time to park – street parking is available but fills up quickly, so please provide ample time to find a parking spot and walk to the park
- You won’t need a food handler’s card to serve food, but we do follow restaurant rules: Please tie back long hair; If you aren’t feeling well, please tell the sign-in person and plan to do a different job.
Please plan to arrive at the Volunteer sign-in table at/by 2pm and stay until 6pm, to help with takedown and cleanup. Thank you!
8th & Glisan – When you arrive, please sign in and make a name tag. You will then receive further instructions.
Mary Hunger | Email
Carpool if possible: We are located at the very north end of the North Park Blocks. It’s the area around the sculpture at NW 8th and Glisan, in front of the Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA).
There is some on-street parking available for $2.00/hr AND a pay parking lot kitty-corner from the park (NW Park Ave and Glisan) $5.00 day rate.
- Streetcar stops at 10th & Glisan northbound, 11th & Glisan southbound.
- MAX stops at Greyhound Depot on 5th & 6th (Yellow, Green and Orange Lines)
- Buses: #17 from Downtown or NE, #77 from NE or NW
- Or use TriMet’s Trip Planner https://trimet.org/#/planner
SUNDAY MEAL LOCATION: 8th Ave and Park Ave on NW Glisan