Potluck In The Park – Feeding Portland Homeless since 1991
Potluck has been serving a free hot meal to anyone in need since 1991. Rain or shine, 52 weeks a year, we are feeding Portland homeless, every Sunday, in our temporary Winter Location under the Hawthorne Bridge. Four hundred to six hundred Portlanders do not go hungry on Sunday because of Potluck in the Park. The generosity of volunteers and donations from people like you that our Potluck community continues to provide for those in need.
Since 1991 Potluck in the Park has been a volunteer driven, grass roots, tax exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We operate with no paid staff or office location. Our entire budget has gone directly to the people who need it. People who otherwise might not receive a meal. We have accomplished our mission of providing nutritious food and an atmosphere of community to anyone in need because of you and others like you.
Holidays are a special time for families. Each Christmas Day, our Potluck in the Park family serves a full dinner with turkey and all the trimmings to 1000+. Local musicians, including Tom Grant, play for our guests. Cell phones are provided so contact can be made with family and friends. Stockings with goodies are handed out. Santa is there for pictures to help create that feeling of holiday and family for all of our guests.
Did you know?
- We serve a free HOT Meal to anyone in need every Sunday when many agencies are closed
- 1420 Consecutive Sundays served as of 11-3-2018
We are an ALL VOLUNTEER run organization with no paid staff
- Our annual operating budget of 100,000 dollars provides nearly 1 million dollars in services feeding those less fortunate
- We have no formal funding- our monies are collected from personal & corporate giving, trusts, foundations, grants and our annual fundraiser held in the fall
- Our organization operates a commercial production kitchen to prepare, clean & store food products
- We received our 501c(3) status in 1998 our Tax ID # is 93-1212531
Potluck in the Park needs dollars to carry out our mission of feeding Portland homeless. While much of our food is donated, additional items must be purchased. Other operating expenses include funds for dishes and utensils, serving equipment, maintenance, gas and insurance for the Potluck truck, cleaning supplies, printing and postage.